So, instead of a brains bento, I'd like to share this brains cake my friend Peggy made for her boys. It's so disgustingly awesome looking! There's not actually a recipe for the cake, sorry - you could use any red velvet cake recipe or mix - because it's really not about the cake, it's all about the frosting!
- Bake a red velvet cake in a Pyrex bowl. Or maybe you have a dome or ball cake pan set.
- Level off the flat side with & turn the cake out onto a plate.
- Tint white frosting gray with a touch of black food colouring.
- Put frosting in a big ziplock bag & trim off the corner.
- Squeeze frosting from bag in a squiggle pattern, one half at a time to make, mirroring your pattern to make brain hemispheres.
- For an extra gory touch, drizzle strawberry syrup on the plate.
Happy Zombie Day!