Her Laptop Lunches bento box is packed with:
- Pepper Jack Cheez-its
- Cracked Black Pepper Triscuits
- Yogurt (in the lidded container)
- Gala apple wedges & caramel dip
- Baby carrots
- Checkered cucumber slices
I included a Lunchbox Love note thanking her for being such a help to me while the rest of us are sick.
● ● ● ● ●This is a laptop lunch in more ways than one :) The obvious - her lunch is packed in a Laptop Lunches bento box. But what I don't usually show is the lunch all packed in it's bag, ready to go. Today I will, because I've been told it's a great idea :) So ta-dah! Her lunch bag is a laptop sleeve!
It's actually a netbook sleeve, for mini laptops. It's the perfect fit for our Laptop Lunches & PlanetBoxes. I needed something to pack them in that would fit in her backpack with all her books, and was looking for a sleeve for my MacBook Air when I noticed many seemed to be the same dimensions as the PlanetBox! The Laptop Lunches box is smaller, but taller, so it works for them too :)
I like the ones made by BuiltNY; they are made of the same thick insulating neoprene as the Built Gourmet Getaway lunch totes we use, and even use the same patterns. This one matches Bella's bag. Sailor Boy has one by Case Logic, with a handle and an extra pocket on the outside. Neoprene is stretchy so there's even room for an ice pack and a drink.
Both the PlanetBox and the Laptop Lunches offer great carriers, but they don't fit in our backpacks with their books. Both can also be carried in the backpack on their own - Beanstalk takes his to school that way - but he keeps his in his locker, whereas the smaller kids put all their lunches in a bin with those of their classmates, so as well as insulating the contents temperature-wise, the laptop sleeve prevents spillage should the box accidentally open.
So there, that's my great idea :) It solved my crowded backpack issue, and maybe it could be the solution you've been looking for too!
*Note: I originally linked to the wrong size Case Logic sleeve. It's been fixed, the 10-12" is the correct size.