For today's Hop, I made Bella a lunch full of Doctor Who-isms:
Bella's PlanetBox bento lunch contains:
- Bacon "That's bacon! Are you trying to poison me?" skewered on a Stetson pick "I wear a Stetson now, Stetsons are cool," and on a Union Jack flag, like Rose Tyler's t-shirt.
- "Hello Sweetie" ham on a brightly coloured lips pick, like River Song's when she put on her hallucinogenic lipstick, and on a bow tie pick "Bow ties are cool."
- "Come Along Pond" in mozzarella cheese.
- A smiley face apple, like Amelia Pond's mother made.
- A satsuma orange, which the 10th Doctor once used to save the Earth from alien invasion. I stuck a little tiny sonic screwdriver of sorts into the satsuma, for fun ;)
- A very cool handmade TARDIS print cloth napkin, from Shannon of Molly's Lunch Box
- A couple of "Jammie Dodger" sammies
- And Jelly Babies!
Yes, those are real Jelly Babies :) The blackcurrant ones are my favourite.
I don't actually care for Jammie Dodgers though, so I made my own Sammie Dodgers with wheat bread, cookie cutters, and lemon curd:
They were meant to be made with raspberry jam, but I discovered at the last moment that we were out! It was almost tragic until I remembered I had food colouring. Lemon curd to the rescue! Yum :)
I love this Doctor Who lunch! How can you not smile back at that apple? And I just know the Doctor would love it too... I can almost hear him...
"I eat bento lunches now. Bentos are cool." :)
I had a Whovian lunch as well! Not a bento though. I had a delicious ginger carrot soup, topped with Bad Wolf in mozzarella. Poor Doctor, he's always wanted to be ginger... With my soup I also had a satsuma - and a good cup of tea, just like the newly regenerated 10th Doctor :)
I can hardly wait until Saturday night and the return of the Doctor et al in the Series 7 premiere! I think I'll make some jammie dodger ice cream sammies for a sweet treat during the show :) Then again, who knows what fabulous food ideas I might get from my fellow bento bloggers in this hop!
I bet Astrid of Lunches Fit For A Kid has something special to share. Click on the TARDIS button below to hop through the vortex and see...
● ● ● ●
UPDATE: When this lunch was shared on Doctor Who & the TARDIS by Craig Hurle, it seemed the most common comment was "Where are the fish fingers & custard?" The answer is, here:
|Click the pic to jump to this post for a Whovian lunch Linky Party!|