As a child I loved all his characters, songs, movies, & television programs, and now my children do as well! One of our favourite movies that we have him to thank for is the fantasy film Labyrinth. I made a Labyrinth lunch for Bella to take to school tomorrow before remembering that tomorrow is Breakfast for Lunch day at school and she wants the Cinnamon French Toast... but as it happens, Sailor Boy is home for lunch today, so now it's a Lunch for the Man :)
In the top left, he has a satsuma orange, and in the top right, Gala apple slices. In the main section, cheese quesadillas on a bed of romaine lettuce, carrot, & cucumber salad. And in the Mini Dipper, a chocolatey peanut butter yogurt dip for the apples. Oh, almost forgot - in the little Squinkies ball, a couple of fruit snacks. It was originally intended for Bella, remember :)
I probably don't need to spell out all the Labyrinth references - if you're a fan of the film you know what they are and if you aren't, they probably won't mean much - but just in case....
- a peach shaped silicone cup for the girl who ate the peach and forgot everything
- a Squinkies ball for the crystal that's not a gift for an ordinary girl who takes care of a screaming baby
- red & white striped apples for Toby's pyjamas
- "It's not fair" for what Sarah says so often
- a labyrinth quesadilla - self explanatory :)
- peanut butter dip for the Bog of Eternal Stench
- and a hole in the labyrinth quesadilla for the Oubliette. I'll let you in on a secret - there was a bit of a scorch mark there and Bella won't eat scorched bits so that's how the Oubliette got put in there :)
Sailor Boy enjoyed Bella's lunch, heheh :) I'm sure Bella will still want a Labyrinth lunch one of these days though, especially after she sees this post, so I'll likely be reproducing this one!
UPDATE - Sailor Boy said the Bog of Eternal Stench dip was delicious and I should add the recipe. As usual, I didn't measure anything, but basically...
To make Chocolatey Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip, stir together:
- 2 heaping spoonfuls of Greek yogurt
- a heaping spoonful of peanut butter
- a small not-heaping teaspoon of Peanut Butter & Co Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter (or maybe a few drops of Hershey's syrup if you don't have that)
It really doesn't need to be exact to be yummy :)Stuff used in this lunch: