My blog was awarded the One Lovely Blog and Very Inspiring Blogger Award!
#1 I'm so honoured and pleased! Thank you, Domestic Randomness!
Being a curious person, I googled the origin of the award, and it seems like the One Lovely Blog and Very Inspiring Blogger award is actually 2 different awards that are sometimes awarded together - but I couldn't find an origin for either of them. Here are the badges I received for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award and the One Lovely Blog Award:
I found a couple of variations of the One Lovely Blog Award badge though.
I like this heart one best:
I decided that since the One Lovely Blog & Very Inspiring Blogger Awards are given together, and the criteria for accepting either or both are the same, they might as well just have one badge! So I combined them both into a new version based on my favorite one - hey, nobody said I couldn't! I'll post it again further down, so you don't have to scroll back up :)
The Rules for accepting the Award(s):
- Thank and link back to the awesome person who nominated you.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on their blogs to let them know.
#1 is done, here's #2 ... 7 Things About Me:
- I adore puzzles. Word puzzles, logic problems, and especially jigsaw puzzles. The kind you leave out for days and work on here and there. But no posterizing the finished puzzles for me - as soon as they they are done, they go right back in the box until next time - the fun is all in putting them together! I also love board games, especially word games like Scrabble, Boggle, and Scattergories. I'm terrible about forgetting to take my turn when I play the app versions though - out of sight out of mind...
- I love colourful striped & patterned socks. Rarely do I wear plain socks. They have to be cotton or wool though - my skin doesn't like synthetics - which makes them harder to find, so I get as excited as a kid with candy when I find fun patterned pure cotton or wool socks. Giddy, even, and likely to break into dance... or song...
- I like to sing karaoke. On our first date, I took my husband to a pub that had karaoke, and if he hadn't been willing to get up and sing with me, it might have been our only date. But he did - lucky me :) Bonus fact:
It was Elvis Presley's "Can't Help Falling In Love" and I walked down the aisle to it 6 months later!
- I'm very messy by nature, but, I don't like things messy - I'm easily overstimulated and too much stuff and clutter makes me feel distracted. So I'm in a constant battle with myself to keep my mess to a minimum, and I still have all my stuff where I can see it - otherwise I forget what I want to do or need to get done. Again, that out of sight out of mind thing.
- I'm a sci fi fantasy geek. A proud Whovian. I would totally put a TARDIS shed in my yard. I still miss Firefly and watch marathons on TV even though I own the DVDs. I mourned the end of Battlestar Galactica. And I prefer Star Trek to Star Wars. There, I said it. I'm not a Star Wars fan! *ducks* Here's me wearing one of my Doctor Who tees:
Sailor Boy pointed out that this pic is even nerdier if you recognize the book on top of the cabinet behind me. (click the pic for a closer look) And if you do, you're a nerd too, so there!
- I'm an insomniac, and it's a good thing, too, otherwise I'd never get everything done! It's 4 am now in fact :) I should get a couple of hours sleep before the sproutlets wake. I'm not done yet though...
Note: I did not finish that night - I did go to sleep. And then it took me another week to resume this list. Maybe one of the 7 things should have been about what a great procrastinator I am...
- I'm been wearing the same shoes since the early 1990's. Brown Doc Marten's Mary Janes & pink Converse sneakers. Well, the pink are my main pair, I also do wear green & turquoise. And okay, they are not exactly the same shoes - eventually they do wear out - but then I just buy another pair as exactly like them as possible :)
And now, #3 ... 15 Blogs & Bloggers I Admire:
I'm sticking to food blogs. And I am not going to say why I picked them, because this post is long enough, and you should go see for yourself! And they are in alphabetical order, not preference :)
- Beneficial Bento
- Bento for Kidlet
- Biting The Hand That Feeds You
- In The Kitchen With Audrey
- Keeley McGuire Blog
- Keitha's Chaos (Keitha's Storybook Lunches)
- Lunches Fit For A Kid
- Lunches With Love
- Molly's Lunch Box
- Sugary Flower
- We Aren't Scared of Sugar
- What's in Mom's Lunchbag? & What's in John's Lunchbag? (same bloggess)
- Zoe's Lunchbox
And I realize not all of you bloggers will want to add the award(s) to your blogs. That's okay. I'm nominating you anyways because I think the purpose of these awards is not only to recognize the bloggers we admire, but to share their awesomeness with others. So accept it or not, there are no obligations, and no hard feelings either way :)
There are so many more fabulous blogs I could have given this to - I need more awards! Maybe I will come up with my own... !