Eating with chopsticks is currently all the rage with my girls, and of course Pickle wants to do what they are doing, so yesterday I used my FunBites Cube it! to cut his peanut butter sandwich into perfect little bite-sized pieces, and served it to him with chopsticks. Fun!
The girls had muffin tin meals with sandwich cubes, cheese cubes & apple cubes, all cut with the FunBites Cube it!, plus diced pluots, mandarin oranges, and a fortune cookie:
The little girls are still learning to use chopsticks and aren't always successful at getting their food to their mouths. Sometimes they just stab the food with the chopstick end :) Whatever works! The sandwich and cheese cubes were really easy for Birdie to pick up though, since they weren't slippery at all. She was quite pleased with herself.
FunBites + chopsticks = lunchtime fun :)
I've finally perfected the knack of using the FunBites to cube peanut butter sandwiches without making a mess! Here's how:
- I spread the peanut butter on the bottom slice of bread, but I don't top it with another slice.
- I place what will be the top slice on the counter and press the FunBites cutter into it - but I don't pop the cut bread pieces out, not yet.
- I lift the cutter with the bread pieces stuck in the cutter grid, and place it on top of the peanut buttered slice.
- I then press the FunBites cutter into the bottom slice and rock the cutter back and forth.
- Now I use the popper to pop out the perfect peanut butter sandwich cubes. No mess!
Bite-size peanut butter sandwiches = no messy faces either!
● ● ● ●
Want to win a FunBites of your own?
I'd also love it if you would visit FunBites on Facebook and Like them. Even tell them I sent you! Not everyone has a Facebook account though, so I'm not going to make that a requirement... but, if you do, you can leave another comment and get an extra entry :) And if you want to Like my blog the button's over on the right ♥
Giveaway CLOSED - But you can get free shipping from www.FunBites.com with the code BacktoSchool
Don't forget - I need a way to contact you! If can't contact you to get your information to give to FunBites they can't send you your prize. So make sure your comment either includes a way to contact you or links to a profile with one. Thank you :)
Disclosure: No compensation was given for this post. After making this lunch I thought it might be fun to add a giveaway to it and FunBites generously agreed to provide the prize :)