Eating with chopsticks is currently all the rage with my girls, and of course Pickle wants to do what they are doing, so yesterday I used my FunBites Cube it! to cut his peanut butter sandwich into perfect little bite-sized pieces, and served it to him with chopsticks. Fun!
The girls had muffin tin meals with sandwich cubes, cheese cubes & apple cubes, all cut with the FunBites Cube it!, plus diced pluots, mandarin oranges, and a fortune cookie:
The little girls are still learning to use chopsticks and aren't always successful at getting their food to their mouths. Sometimes they just stab the food with the chopstick end :) Whatever works! The sandwich and cheese cubes were really easy for Birdie to pick up though, since they weren't slippery at all. She was quite pleased with herself.
FunBites + chopsticks = lunchtime fun :)
I've finally perfected the knack of using the FunBites to cube peanut butter sandwiches without making a mess! Here's how:
- I spread the peanut butter on the bottom slice of bread, but I don't top it with another slice.
- I place what will be the top slice on the counter and press the FunBites cutter into it - but I don't pop the cut bread pieces out, not yet.
- I lift the cutter with the bread pieces stuck in the cutter grid, and place it on top of the peanut buttered slice.
- I then press the FunBites cutter into the bottom slice and rock the cutter back and forth. *This method also works for sandwich cutters, but for this step, slide the cutter back & forth on a smooth surface until you can feel it's cut all the way through.
- Now I use the popper to pop out the perfect peanut butter sandwich cubes. No mess! *If using a sandwich cutter, pop out with your fingers :)
Bite-size peanut butter sandwiches = no messy faces either!
● ● ● ●
Disclosure: No compensation was given for this post. After making this lunch I thought it might be fun to add a giveaway to it and FunBites generously agreed to provide the prize :)