Sailor Boy and I are both a little bit Trekkie, so I know he'll get a kick out of it! Inspired by the Vulcan salute, his PlanetBox lunch contains:
- Turkey & cheddar on wheat Vulcan salute sandwich (should have skipped the turkey since Vulcans are vegetarian, but I forgot)
- Freshly picked cherries! Sailor Boy has been looking forward to cherry season, these will be a welcome surprise :)
- Greens salad topped with cheese "live long & prosper"
- Gouda Babybel carved with a Starfleet Insignia
- Mandarin & sesame dressing for the salad
- Safeway cheddar cheese star crackers
- Trader Joe's yogurt covered star cookies
The Vulcan salute sandwich was made using a cookie cutter & stamper from this most excellent set by ThinkGeek:
I love them!
If we can arrange for someone to stay with the younger sproutlets, Sailor Boy, Beanstalk & I will be seeing Into Darkness this weekend - I can hardly wait!
Now, go see what awesomeness awaits at Organized Bites!
When you've finished the hop, maybe you'd like to check out some of my previous Star Trek-inspired lunches: